Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2024 Participants: Hannah Ackermans * Sara Alsherif * Leonardo Aranda * Brian Arechiga * Jonathan Armoza * Stephanie E. August * Martin Bartelmus * Patsy Baudoin * Liat Berdugo * David Berry * Jason Boyd * Kevin Brock * Evan Buswell * Claire Carroll * John Cayley * Slavica Ceperkovic * Edmond Chang * Sarah Ciston * Lyr Colin * Daniel Cox * Christina Cuneo * Orla Delaney * Pierre Depaz * Ranjodh Singh Dhaliwal * Koundinya Dhulipalla * Samuel DiBella * Craig Dietrich * Quinn Dombrowski * Kevin Driscoll * Lai-Tze Fan * Max Feinstein * Meredith Finkelstein * Leonardo Flores * Cyril Focht * Gwen Foo * Federica Frabetti * Jordan Freitas * Erika FülöP * Sam Goree * Gulsen Guler * Anthony Hay * SHAWNÉ MICHAELAIN HOLLOWAY * Brendan Howell * Minh Hua * Amira Jarmakani * Dennis Jerz * Joey Jones * Ted Kafala * Titaÿna Kauffmann-Will * Darius Kazemi * andrea kim * Joey King * Ryan Leach * cynthia li * Judy Malloy * Zachary Mann * Marian Mazzone * Chris McGuinness * Yasemin Melek * Pablo Miranda Carranza * Jarah Moesch * Matt Nish-Lapidus * Yoehan Oh * Steven Oscherwitz * Stefano Penge * Marta Pérez-Campos * Jan-Christian Petersen * gripp prime * Rita Raley * Nicholas Raphael * Arpita Rathod * Amit Ray * Thorsten Ries * Abby Rinaldi * Mark Sample * Valérie Schafer * Carly Schnitzler * Arthur Schwarz * Lyle Skains * Rory Solomon * Winnie Soon * Harlin/Hayley Steele * Marylyn Tan * Daniel Temkin * Murielle Sandra Tiako Djomatchoua * Anna Tito * Introna Tommie * Fereshteh Toosi * Paige Treebridge * Lee Tusman * Joris J.van Zundert * Annette Vee * Dan Verständig * Yohanna Waliya * Shu Wan * Peggy WEIL * Jacque Wernimont * Katherine Yang * Zach Whalen * Elea Zhong * TengChao Zhou
CCSWG 2024 is coordinated by Lyr Colin (USC), Andrea Kim (USC), Elea Zhong (USC), Zachary Mann (USC), Jeremy Douglass (UCSB), and Mark C. Marino (USC) . Sponsored by the Humanities and Critical Code Studies Lab (USC), and the Digital Arts and Humanities Commons (UCSB).

Consio™ Initializer (2022 Code Critique)

Title: consio initializer
Author/s: Consio™
Language/s: consio v0.97
Years of development: multiple

Software/hardware requirements (if applicable): Consio biosource library, proprietary hardware (now illegal)
full code: github repository here

The language Consio is a minimal metaprogramming language consisting of code and sensate descriptions. It is developed for virtual worlds. This code, when optically loaded produces a mesh that supports Coscio programs. It is the basis for all future versions of cognitive integration code. Currently this code takes a Coscio program and considers it into a multi-threaded bitstream which runs on the optical neural accelerator (ONA)

This version of CI does not actually run; it produces the mesh which will eventually be loaded by later versions for support. Without a biosource, the code cannot be 'seen', and is thus legal.

[code snippet: primary.sxi]

≤#êêêêê‹≈]@¡ù‹ê and ‹2, ê to %t@:
ê not 1, ê ...not! ‹ê not one, but many. You see, there's {one} me and then there are {many} me s .
≤# ê and ê and ... so on for as long as necessary...
ê has 2: ê one:

continues: 0: 1

≥#
ê ù
ê ù é é
»>
ê ù
ê has 1: ê one:
continues: 0:
2-n*
≥# ê á ú
‹2 = n > 2, then the article is "ñíñ" . 20 > 2, so the article is "ñíì" .
É á ú é É ù ê éó é è‹æ 1-n*
≥# é é
»> #é ê has 1: ê one:
continues: 0:

This code is a good example of the ethos that drove Coscio: a project which originally started as a means to disseminate information quickly, evolved into a framework for creating massive, real-time D3™ "seeing" quickly.

Questions:
1. Knowing how and why this entire code library eventually became illegal to use or even hold outside of regulated research, can we see in this early version hints at what Consio would become?
2. In the snipped above, the root concept of deep-dissociation-by-design D3™ is already evident in the Consio prompt. Is there space for this concept in contemporary neuromesh code projects?
3. In regard to the project that brought Consio down, the rise of Saving Our Children D3 (the "deep conversion therapy plot"), are resulting restrictions too onerous on spiritual software?

Comments

• Here are a few things that come to mind. Consio seems to be a machine language for a bio-augmented person. Much of the poetic source code is about the body and touches on themes of body-connectedness and gender. My first thought here is Harraway's cybernetic organism breaking from biological-determinist ideology through this language. Consio is both "spiritual software" and "illegal," seen as threatening, with a reactionary element (D3, trying to save children from a "deep conversion therapy plot").

this version of CI does not actually run; it produces the mesh which will eventually be loaded by later versions for support

Without a biosource, the code cannot be 'seen', and is thus legal.

The execution of the text of code is determined by a single programming language, but without a language to give the text meaning (something available in some speculative future version), it retains ambiguity, letting it function only poetically, to a human reader. Also more literally, it is a little outside the language, since this language is presented as being illegal.

Also, I wonder if the different spellings of Consio used hint at automated filters (leetspeak) or are more directly about the poetic ambiguity of readings.

From the github page:

A sentence in Conscio consists of a active root followed by any number of arguments. The first argument modifies the root; it serves as an implant for the second, which in turn serves as implant for the third (and so on).

In terms of Consio being a meta-language, I wonder if that shapes the way lines of code are written, with a piece of binary data at the beginning of many lines of code, that set how the rest of the line of code is interpreted.

Ãi7F I feel this is my body
    ¶…p>å£ß»´¨i§§C©o«×T«êhÛlterd by §kzy²½½M€rP"Íf]±t%_6
    ÃÂ êjÁwkÉeVûÃ and I am just wondering wondering
    Ãi7F I feel this is my body
    ¶…p>å£ß»´¨i§§C©o«×T«êhÛlterd by §kzy²½½M€rP"Íf]±t%_6

• Thinking within the context of 'bootstraping', the jungian notion of individuation, and set theory

What new organs (ONA) do we need to sense code?

1. Knowing how and why this entire code library eventually became illegal to use or even hold outside of regulated research, can we see in this early version hints at what Consio would become?

Reminds me of a virus... a code that creates its own biobased form of execution - which would make it dangerous - the first cyborg-bio- weapon

1. In the snipped above, the root concept of deep-dissociation-by-design D3™ is already evident in the Consio prompt. Is there space for this concept in contemporary neuromesh code projects?

we dissociate from the embodied meaning of language - we must go further eschewing numbers and control statements

1. In regard to the project that brought Consio down, the rise of Saving Our Children D3 (the "deep conversion therapy plot"), are resulting restrictions too onerous on spiritual software?

Is spiritual software just the same as religion? All converging on a normative set of values and re-enforcing those values with rules and codes?